I get more requests and questions (requestions?) about the mini-lesson videos than anything else I publish online.
Many of these videos are briefings with teachers, many as actual lessons with students (and some other learning opportunities sprinkled in). Here is a listing of 2009's video lessons sub-categorized by type (with times in parenthesis).
- Sifting for Meaning in Nonfiction (19:04)
- Reading Nonfiction "One Section at a Time" (25:21)
- Teaching the Habitude of Curiosity (36:41)
- Text Structure and Powerful Writing (24:54)
- Reading with the Writer in Mind (28:07)
- The Power and Pattern of Story (17:03)
- Turning Good Readers Into Great Readers (21:43)
- Finding the Main Idea in Nonfiction Texts (22:41)
- Reading for Understanding vs Memorizing (28:16)
- Plot Structure Explored (30:54)
- Pattern Seeking, Meaning Making (09:29)
- Never Judge a Reader by Their (Reading) Level (14:07)
- Pattern Seeking Instead of Content Delivery (08:03)
- Lesson Planning Workshop – Part 1 (12:41)
- Lesson Planning Workshop – Part 2 (17:15)
- Lesson Planning Workshop – Part 3 (20:47)
- Reading is Like a Puzzle (07:29)
- Telling Stories that Stick (01:35)
We'll be doing even more video lessons next year, and as Flip and HD gets better and more affordable, we hope to be able to share some lessons with other teachers and students from around the globe.