I had the privilege yesterday of leading the Web 2.0 Smackdown at the Iowa One to One Computing Conference. The links and resources were flying 100 miles an hour, but thanks to @murphhutson; we were able to capture them here.
Iowa 1:1 Smackdown – April 20, 2011
Compiled and Organized from #i11ismackdown thread on Twitter by @murphhutson
- YouPublish Turn writing into a flippable online book! via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- PiratePad This looks fun…collaboration tool! http://bit.ly/6BEQic via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- Twiddla team white board and another conversation tool via eolsonteacher Erin Olson
- Model Un If the Model UN was on Facebook http://j.mp/fybFVB#i11ismackdown via mrdevoresclass Dan DeVore
- Art Wiki – full of creativity resources via brendaortmann and kathybork
- Flubaroo online assignments and homework manager- self grading quizzes in Google Forms via fichteraaron Aaron Fichter
- Library of Congress for Teachers- se primary sources in the classroom via Library of Congress for teachers via kjpmeyer Kim Meyer
- Capzles.com – social story telling via melissacorey Melissa Corey
- only2clicks.com – awesome social bookmarking via melissacorey Melissa Corey
- Voicethread for Educators- great resource on how educators are using this amazing tool
- Tweet chat- Twitter client for Real time chats
- Games for change- Examples- NobelPeace: http://bit.ly/czFGdONationStates: http://bit.ly/eYx7B
- Join.me “The water cooler conversation.”- free screen sharing and collaborative tool- Show educators via desktop or application.
- Kerpoof tell stories, make pics. Tell a digital story like a graphic novel via Murph Hutson
- Livebinders – “Three ring binder for the web. Teachers share their entire file cabinet digitally”
- Flashface- allows you to create faces. Great for art classes. via murphhutson Murph Hutson
- Stumbleupon.com find, share, and bookmark your favorite sites on the web
- Shelfari - great tool to catalog books with a virtual shelf. Great tool for Librarians and classrooms
- Authors on Call- Live videoconferencing with non-fiction award winning Nonfiction writers
- Kidblogs – easy to use blogging platform for students and teachers via jswiatek Jerry Swiatek
- Animoto- easy and fun interactive presentations- drag and drop video/photos and add text and audio (Free 6 month membership for educators- up to 50 accounts).
- Sweetsearch- a safe search engine for students. “Training wheels for Google.” Still allows web analysis via cyclone_alyssa
- Symbaloo online social bookmarking site that creates tiles to link to sites. Easily organizes “class appropriate”
- Studyblue make quizzes, flashcards, notes, and videos and it has an #iphone and #android app.
- Harlaninstitute Research of Supreme Court cases. You can sign up to Skype with a lawyer about different cases. via ChrisCrawfordSH
- Zipcast Can turn any SlideShare presentation into a live stream video cast.
- Ruzuku open source course management
- Polyvore.com awesome design graphics via Artk12shaw
- Dippity digital timeline creator
- VineMe social curation tool creating “the worlds timeline in photos”
Please add anything we missed or should know about! We hope the list continues to grow and grow!
- The Ultimate Web2.0 Smackdown at Tech Forum, Boston
- Anatomy of a Twitter smackdown
- Passion Leaders in Iowa
- Student Reflections of the Conference