Two weeks ago we took Choose2Matter LIVE to the Estherville Lincoln Central School District in northwest Iowa. It was an incredible two days in a very special place, with remarkable, brave leaders and students who astounded me in so many ways.
Here is a reflection on the two days from Technology Integration Specialist Jenny Nichtals, who played an indispensable role in making the event a grand success.
- The day really wasn’t about the projects, although we had/have great ideas and things our students are continuing to work on after the fact.
- It was about
- Being Brave – tears come to my eyes at the bravery of some of our students! WOW!
- #YouMatter – Each one of our kids by the end of the day had a t-shirt with their genius on the back. Each student hopefully left the day knowing they matter and they can make a difference.
- Their contributions to our world make it better! Our students have the power to change the world.
- Together we can make the difference, by using each other’s genius.
Our kids here at ELC are amazing and they all matter. They can and will make a difference.