BOOKS I HAVE WRITTEN
Wikis are truly something to be fascinated about. Not only do they embrace the open community by allowing anyone to submit content, but they also serve to learn from intellectuals in their respective fields and help us grow. I encourage you to take a look at these resources, and perhaps share your own!
- Literacy in Content Areas - This wiki will provide viewers and participants with various links to resources and ideas that can be used at every level and in all content areas to integrate thinking strategies and develop literacy and critical thinking skills into all units of study.
- Learning Now - The resources and tools that give us the ability to connect, communicate and collaborate with educators and students in all parts of the world in a framework I call: LEARNING NOW!
- The Habitudes – This workshop investigates the overarching principles of thinking and performing as a master teacher, with participants who were expected to complete the readings, viewings, tasks, and/or assignments for that week and share their results with everyone else.
- Seven Strategies - This wiki focuses on the seven strategies that have received the strongest scientific support in promoting and sustaining comprehension: (1) Using Schema to Make Connections; (2) Creating Sensory Images; (3) Determining Importance in Text; (4) Monitoring and Fix Up Understanding; (5) Inferring Beyond Literal Meanings in Text; (6) Actively Question Before, During, and After Reading; and (7) Summarizing and Synthesizing Information.
- Viterbo: Digital Literacy in the Classroom – During the summer, I was proud to teach a course that discussed digital and social media concepts featuring new media tools and techniques, surveys of digital and social media applications, and issues relating to the use of digital media and media literacies in the classroom. This wiki offers participants a chance to explore a variety of digital and social media tools, instructional strategies, and resources for teaching and personal productivity and share what they have found with the rest of the community.
Below you will find the top articles from my blog that people found the most fascinating to read and discuss.
- Access Denied…for Teachers?
- Tech Comfy NOT Tech Savvy!
- Let’s Talk About What is RIGHT with Schools! #Educationnation
- Question Asking – An Essential 21st Century Skill
- Guess the Google: A game you’ll love to hate!
- Personal Learning Network Presentation
- Top 10 Quotes from ITEC 2010 – Day One #itec10
- Mark Your Calendars – K12 Online Conference 2010
- From the Archives: A 21st Century Professional Development Proposal
- Follow These Leaders – I Do!
Throughout the tenure of my blog, I have taken time out to write a series of articles covering some of the most important topics in education.
- The Path Towards a Passion Driven Classroom
- Nonfiction Unit of Study - Day One, Day Two, Day Three, Day Four
- Parent Involvement – “What’s Your View?”
- Reading WITHOUT Meaning
MY WHITE PAPERS SCRIBD
Below you will find a White Paper that addresses the different fundamental components for engaging with your students. For another in-depth article, you can check out my